COSCO SHIPPING LINES (NETHERLANDS) B.V. is the local office of COSCO SHIPPING Lines, Shanghai in The Netherlands.
COSCO Shipping Lines is a container shipping company with increasing capacity and belongs to the world top 3 global carriers. Through dozens of trade lanes, over 100 of ports worldwide are connected. Several weekly services from Rotterdam to e.g. Far East and the U.S.A. are handled at our local office.
We arrange COSCO SHIPPING Lines sales and marketing activities and arrange full service concerning all (container) vessels to the Netherlands.
We are looking for a fulltime (1,0 FTE)
Position of department within organisation
Sales department deals, under the management of the Sales manager, with all aspects of the company¡¯s Sales activities.
The Sales Operator is mainly responsible for all Marketing & Sales activities. He/ she reports to the Manager S&M and works closely with his/her colleagues on the department as well as all other departments.
Your responsibilities, what do we expect?
- Customer relation management. Active daily contact with existing and potential relations to promote our services.
- Within his/her responsibility, taking care of a maximum of bookings for all services by acquisition of shipments through quotations, follow up on negotiations.
- Daily contact with the principal in Shanghai and Hamburg, as well as with the agents world-wide about all kind of commercials matters such as freight rates, allocations, marketing and all other relevant matters.
- Working on global and inter-European tenders, together with principal and agents.
- Taking care of all kind of statistics required.
- Checking the ability of the relation¡¯s whereabouts.
- Accidental visiting other offices and/or agents within Europe. Reverse to principal and working on global tenders together with principal and agents.
- Taking care of the monthly reports sent to the principal and all other statistics required.
Personal skills, performance and requirements
- Experience/knowledge of America trade lanes is a plus
- MBO+ / HBO level education, working and thinking level
- Bachelor degree is a plus
- > 2 years of experience in the shipping industry, experienced in sales activities is a plus
- Cargadoor I and II certificates (pr¨¦)
- IMDG course certificate or willing to take a course
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (spoken and written)
- Experienced in Ms Office (Word/Excel)
- Additional Sales courses are required to keep up to date
- Commercial attitude
- Service minded
- Able to handle various tasks at the same time
What we offer
- A professional job with great variety in tasks & responsibilities
- Excellent international working environment in the middle of Rotterdam Central District
- Competitieve Salary
- Good secondary benefits
Ready for your next destination? Apply now.
Are you the person we¡¯re looking for and the above profile matches your interest? You can apply for this position now. For questions and additional information, please contact email@example.com.We would like to receive your motivation and resume via e-mail.