COSCO SHIPPING LINES (NETHERLANDS) B.V. is the local office of COSCO SHIPPING Lines, Shanghai in The Netherlands.
COSCO Shipping Lines is a container shipping company with
increasing capacity and belongs to the
world top 3 global carriers. Through dozens of trade lanes, over 100 of ports worldwide are connected. Several weekly services from Rotterdam to e.g. Far East and the U.S.A. are handled at our local office.
We arrange COSCO SHIPPING Lines sales and marketing activities and arrange full service concerning all (container) vessels to the Netherlands.
We are looking for a fulltime (1,0 FTE)
Intermodal Business Developer
Position of department within organisation
The Equipment & Supply Chain Department is responsible for arranging merchant haulage and carrier related haulages based on import and export transport. Furthermore, Transport section handles all inland CY transportations and shunting of containers between terminals from port Rotterdam to abroad.
For further developing our services and intermodal transport, we are looking for an enthusiastic Intermodal Business Developer.
Your responsibilities, what do we expect?
- Developing and improving strategic intermodal strategy
- Handle quotations and tenders for inland transport
- Developing and maintain the inland transport rate database
- Looking for new business opportunities
- Handling and checking all sorts of statistics overviews and monthly sales charts and turnover charts for our Principal
- Participate in developing efficient working methods and improving our business processes
- Participating in all other types of work within the department if needed
Personal skills, performance and requirements
- Higher Vocational Education (HBO) , Bachelor degree is preferred
- >5 years of working experience, preferably in a similar position
- Fluent in Dutch, English both written and spoken
- Fluency in German is a plus
- Experienced with Microsoft Office programmes
- Being familiar with all stakeholders involved in inland container transport.
- Proven experience with acquisition of services
- A commercial and service minded attitude
- Must be able to work independently
- Hands-on attitude
- Positive character
- Being able to work both independently and within a team
- Accurate, able to handle a busy workload and being determined to get the work done
- Ability to set priorities
What we offer
- A professional job with great variety in tasks & responsibilities
- Excellent international working environment in the middle of Rotterdam Central District
- Competitieve Salary
- Good secondary benefits
Ready for your next destination? Apply now.
Are you the person we¡¯re looking for and the above profile matches your interest? You can apply for this position now. For questions and additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.We would like to receive your motivation and resume via e-mail.