COSCO SHIPPING LINES (NETHERLANDS) B.V. is the local office of COSCO SHIPPING Lines, Shanghai in The Netherlands.
COSCO Shipping Lines is a container shipping company with increasing capacity and belongs to the
world top 3 global carriers. Through dozens of trade lanes, over 100 of ports worldwide are connected. Several weekly services from Rotterdam to e.g. Far East and the U.S.A. are handled at our local office.
We arrange COSCO SHIPPING Lines sales and marketing activities and arrange full service concerning all (container) vessels to the Netherlands.
Position of department within organisation
Our Feeder department is responsible for coordinating import cargo, which requires further transhipment onto COSCO¡¯s own operated feeder services. This requires close communication between COSCO Shipping Lines Offices, stevedores and vessel planners.
The Feeder Operator controls the operational process of collecting, planning and processing transhipment cargo onto the COSCO feeders, from the moment cargo is expected to arrive in Rotterdam.
- Arrange transhipment in the most expedient way, avoiding extra cost and keeping Rotterdam transit time to a minimum.
- Proactively collect cargo and process into feeder worklists. Match the worklists with cargo pre- bookings as soon as received.
- Coordinate approval of Dangerous/Out of Gauge cargo and arrange further acceptance with vessel planner.
- Create and distribute loading plan to terminal.
- Arrange customs declaration of the loading cargo and finalize statistics after sailing of the feeder.
- MBO+ level education, working and thinking level
- 2 years of experience in the shipping industry, experienced in forwarding business
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (spoken and written)
- Experienced in Ms Office (Word/Excel)
- Flexible in assignments / attitude
- Can set priorities /deal with multiple tasks
- Can work under pressure / deal with stress
- Can work in team as well as alone
- A professional job with great variety in tasks & responsibilities
- Excellent international working environment in the middle of Rotterdam Central District
- Competitieve Salary
- Good secondary benefits
Are you the person we¡¯re looking for and the above profile matches your interest? You can apply for this position now. For questions and additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.We would like to receive your motivation and resume via e-mail.